Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It's good to be back !

Feel's like forever since I've written.  Thats what happens when you battle the beasts, right?  Paying to much attention to the Fibro, and then Sarcoid throws a fit.  I imagine it's like having twins.  For me, the squeaky beast gets the most attention. They both run me into the ground...if I let them.  I get overwhelmed at times.


We've set up a "NO BEAST" zone at the dinner table.  That's our sacred family time...no phone calls, no beasts. My Hubby2B and I have date night...and I don't allow Fibro or Sarcoid to join us.  It's vital to have time to honor your whole self, the real you, the healthy you!   I know it's hard to think of ourselves as healthy when we deal with chronic illness, but we can't let our medical beasts win.  They don't own us.  The moment we give up ownership and allow the illness to define us, it's over.  


I am a Woman, a Mother, a Wife2B, a Sister, a Daughter, and an Aunt who lives with Sarcoidosis,  Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Pain.   This is my journey...and I will never surrender. 


"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change" ~ Dr. Wayne Dyer.



No comments:

Post a Comment